Saturday, November 15, 2014

USPSA Action Pistol Match 11/15/2014

Video from today's USPSA action pistol match. This was my last USPSA match for 2014. I was shooting my new EAA/Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited "Custom" in .40 S&W for the first time, and had a few unexpected malfunctions.  I had one light primer strike on the first stage, which I can resolve by installing an extra long firing pin. I also had a few unexpected slide lock backs on the third stage, which I discovered was my support hand barely touching the slide lock lever due to the thinner grips on this gun.  I can resolve this by simply altering my grip slightly, which is what I did for the 4th and 5th stages, and didn't have any issues (I have since changed the grips to Henning contour grips with grip tape, which are slightly thicker than the Xtreme grips that were on the gun). Unfortunately, I also shot a couple of "no-shoot" targets on a couple of stages which hurt my overall score (placed 4th out of 7 total). :-(  I still had a lot of fun despite the malfunctions and no-shoot hits, and the weather was perfect for mid November! :-)


EAA/Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited Custom

No comments:

Post a Comment