Saturday, March 19, 2016

USPSA Action Pistol Match 03/19/2016

This was a special USPSA Classifier match at Patriot Outdoors in Clovis, NM.  Since I'm already classified as B-class in both Production and Limited, I decided to bring my 1911 and get classified in Single Stack.  I was having issues with the trigger not resetting a few times during the first three stages, and ended up taking the gun apart to tweak the sear spring in between stages for a more positive trigger reset.  I don't think I did too bad (placed 3rd out of 38 total), but I certainly didn't do that great either (I am now C-class).  One of the most surprising stages for me was the last one, which was three strings (standing, kneeling, and prone) shooting a target at 50 yards.  I absolutely suck at long distance shots and I had no idea how the 1911 would shoot with my home-loaded ammo at that distance.  To my surprise, I actually did pretty well compared to everyone else on my squad.  I figured I was going to tank that stage badly. As much as I love my CZ SP-01, I am really enjoying shooting the 1911. 😉


Springfield Armory Trophy Match 1911


No comments:

Post a Comment