Tuesday, March 28, 2017

IDPA Indoor Action Pistol Match 03/08/2017

I probably forgot to post the video of this indoor IDPA match because I didn't do very well.  I tried using my newest 1911, a Springfield Armory Range Officer Operator (railed 9mm), and I'll be honest... I wasn't that impressed with it.  I was hoping that it would be THE gun for IDPA, but the thicker grip of the CZ handguns just feel better in my hand.  It's still a great gun, but just not as favorable to me as the CZs. I've also determined that while shooting without my prescription glasses helps me to see the front sight better and allows me to shoot with both eyes open, I am so blind to seeing the targets clearly that I'm not sure it's helping me. I also realized that shooting without my glasses won't work for me when using a red dot sight in USPSA's Carry Optics/PCC or in 3-Gun with the rifle scope.  So I will probably go back to shooting with my glasses on (and with one eye closed for iron sights).  Too many changes all at once does not yield favorable results. 😕


Springfield Armory Range Officer Operator 1911

No comments:

Post a Comment