Friday, February 2, 2018

Outlaw 3-Gun Match 01/28/2018

I haven't been to a 3-Gun match since April of last year, so I was excited to attend this one, especially since shotgun was optional and I could use a PCC gun as my rifle.  This meant I could use just my CZ P-09 pistol (with an optic) and my CZ Scorpion EVO S1 Carbine.  Unfortunately, the first two stages went very badly for me.  I was not confident in my Scorpion for long distance shots (farther than 50 yards), so it took some time to see where the POA/POI was at those distances.  Plus, the red dot disappeared after the first two shots!  I was able to get it to come back on by simply changing to a different brightness setting, but I still don't know why that happened. 😕 I also had trouble with the accuracy of my pistol's optic, as I was missing a lot of small steel targets past 20 yards.  After the second stage I was able to adjust my pistol's optic slightly (using the co-witnessing front sight as a reference point) and ended up doing much better on the last two stages (placed 2nd on both of those stages).  The last stage was interesting because we had to carry a 20 pound container of water and shoot everything one-handed!  I ended up 7th out of 14 overall due to the issues I had on the first two stages, but I still had a lot of fun and learned some valuable lessons.



No comments:

Post a Comment