Saturday, July 8, 2023

USPSA Action Pistol Match - 07/08/2023

USPSA action pistol match at 41 Lead Farm in Lubbock, TX. I was shooting a new gun in the Open division that I recently put together from parts... a custom Sig Sauer P320 XFive Legion with a ZevTech Z320 XCompact Octane slide and a Parker Mountain Machine Ultra compensator and barrel. After texturing multiple Sig TXG tungsten infused heavy grip modules at RFV Tactical for some of my USPSA friends, I was so impressed with the grips that I decided to get one to build my own custom P320. While this gun definitely shoots flatter and faster than a P320 without a compensator, it still isn't nearly as flat and fast as any of my CZs, 2011s, or Glocks due to the high bore axis and mushy trigger. I plan to shoot a couple more matches with the gun before I go back to rotating through all of my favorites. I ended up in 14th place Overall out of 58 total. Unfortunately, I had a miss and three no-shoot hits (and a LOT of make-up shots), so I definitely didn't perform as well as I usually do with my other guns.

UPDATE: I recently discovered that I had not zeroed the optic properly, which explains all the no-shoot hits and the need for a lot of make-up shots at this match. 😕







No comments:

Post a Comment