Monday, April 29, 2024

STI Staccato P (2019) - The Holy Grail 2011

I have finally acquired a 2019 STI Staccato P 2011, which is considered to be the "Holy Grail" of STI/Staccato 2011s! This gun was the turning point for STI to officially change their name to Staccato, and it solidified the company's change from competition guns to duty and self defense guns. This gun was an evolution of their previous Tactical 4.0 with a 4.15" bull barrel and a full length picatinny rail dust cover, and introduced their new slide serrations that are still current today as well as the new Dawson Precision Optic (DPO) mounting system. It was only produced for one year (2019) in this configuration and was then changed to a longer 4.4" barrel and no longer had a full length dust cover. Due to the limited production of the 2019 STI Staccato P, it quickly became very sought-after and is now considered a rare collector's item. This drove prices of the used guns available for sale from $1000 to $1500 more than what they cost when they were brand new.

Actual photos from the Gunbroker auction

I was lucky to snag mine for only $750 more than brand new pricing, and it is in pristine condition! There is not a scratch or blemish on it. Even the barrel hood has zero wear. It was the iron sight only version, but I immediately sent the slide to DSC Gunworks to have it milled for the factory DPO mounting system and installed a Holosun 509T optic on it (my favorite optic for concealed carry). I also did my typical 2011 trigger tuning to get the trigger pull weight down to 3 pounds by simply tweaking the sear spring.



Other than having it milled for the DPO system, the only other change to the gun was installing a compact C2 grip module done in my RFV Tactical Concealed Carry texture. I took the C2 grip off of my Springfield Prodigy, and I've stored away the original full-size grip and magwell to maintain a higher value if I ever decide to sell it (unlikely!).





No comments:

Post a Comment