Wednesday, July 8, 2015

IDPA Indoor Action Pistol Match 07/08/2015

I decided to go back to my Springfield Armory 1911 Trophy Match gun for tonight's IDPA indoor match at Texas Panhandle Pistol Club.  The Trophy Match was my first competition gun, but I eventually migrated away from it due to the higher recoil of .45 ACP (I don't reload my own ammo... yet), and the lower capacity of the single stack 1911.  I feel that a double stack 9mm pistol gives me a little better advantage in competition (see my revelation blog post here), but I recently picked up some re-manufactured ammo from Atlanta Arms that is downloaded to competition specs (170 PF), so the recoil isn't quite as bad as off-the-shelf factory ammo. Even though my performance was decent, I had one hit on a non-threat target, so I ended up in 3rd place out of 8 total.


Springfield Armory 1911 Trophy Match

No comments:

Post a Comment