Thursday, February 4, 2016

CZ-USA CZ 75D PCR Handgun

I recently added another compact CZ to my concealed carry handgun collection.  This gun has more custom modifications to it than any other gun I've owned to date.  I love the look, size, and feel of the CZ 75D PCR, but I really wanted to customize it similarly to the CZ Custom Shop ProTek I, which is a fully custom gun based on the PCR (with a price tag of $1800!!!).

As soon as I got the gun home and out of the box, I completely disassembled it and started "dehorning" all of the edges of the frame with a belt sander and files.  I also shaved down the slide stop lever and decocker, shortened the slide stop pin, dimpled the end of the pin, and beveled the hole in the frame.  I even smoothed out the magwell opening for easier magazine reloads. I then had the frame Cerakoted in Burnt Bronze.  I installed all the typical Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom Shop parts to smooth out and lighten the trigger pull as I've done with all my other CZ guns, and installed the new CZ Custom Shop PCR specific tritium sights. I left the polymer recoil spring guide rod in and I'm using polymer magazine base plates for the Beretta 92 series magazines to reduce the weight of the gun (it's only 32.3 ounces fully loaded with 15 rounds of 9mm!). I went with the Diamondback G10 grips from VZ Grips, which normally have a very aggressive texture, but I filed them down to be more comfortable for concealed carry duty.

I am extremely happy with the way this gun turned out, and I feel like it will make a nice edition to my daily concealed carry rotation. 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment