Sunday, February 19, 2012

A New Bike In The Stable - 2002 Ducati 748s

I've always loved the 2002 Ducati Superbike 748s with the titanium grey fairings and bright red wheels. In my opinion, this is the most gorgeous bike that Ducati has ever produced to date and they only made 250 of them worldwide and only 200 were imported to the US.

I've seen them come up for sale on eBay and CycleTrader every so often, but I've never really had the money to buy one until recently, so I decided to pull the trigger. I found one on eBay in November 2011, and contacted the seller to strike a deal outside of eBay. The bike was priced a little bit more than I was expecting to pay, but it had an aftermarket exhaust system, $2,000 worth of carbon fiber accessories already installed that I would have wanted to add myself, and all of the stock parts that were taken off. I had the bike shipped from Wisconsin to Texas, and I've been riding and admiring the bike ever since. I don't have any modifications or upgrades planned for the bike since its almost perfect as is, but I may consider transplanting a 1098 engine into it in the future to give it more reliable horsepower.

http://www.brazeauracing.com/ducati/748s/index.html

1 comment: