Sunday, September 27, 2015

CZ-USA CZ 75 P-01 Handgun

After carrying my CZ 75B Stainless Steel Limited Edition for a while, I realized that it is just too big for my preference as a concealed carry gun.  I found myself not wanting to carrying it very often, so I decided to convert it to a dedicated competition gun by replacing the CZ Custom tritium night sights with a set of CZ Custom competition sights with a fiber optic front.  The SS LE already has all of the trigger improvements done to it (the double action trigger pull actually feels smoother than my CZ 75 SP-01 for some reason), so the sights were the only thing that needed to be changed. It should make a great backup competition gun to my SP-01.



To replace the SS LE as a carry gun, I picked up a CZ 75 P-01, which is a compact alloy frame version of my SP-01 competition gun.  The P-01 also has a hammer decocker, so that the hammer can be safely lowered like my CZ P-07.  I installed all of the same trigger improvement components from Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom Shop that I installed in my SP-01 and SS LE and installed the CZ Custom tritium night sights that I removed from the SS LE. I also had the frame Cerakoted in Stainless (H-152Q) like I did with my SP-01.  I have to say... I believe the P-01 is the best carry gun that I currently own.  It is slightly lighter and thinner than my polymer framed CZ P-07, has twice the capacity of my two Sig Sauer compact 1911s, and I think it looks really awesome! 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment