Monday, September 8, 2014

Motorcycle Track Day - 09/06/2014 @ COTA

We had an awesome time at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX with RideSmart Motorcycle School.  This track is a multi-billion dollar Formula 1 and MotoGP race track that is an absolutely top notch facility to do a track day. My day unfortunately ended a little early though. I was running some really good laps (for me) during my 5th session, but my right hand got a little numb which caused me to make a major mistake while braking for turn 11. The bike wasn't slowing down as fast as I thought it should, so I panicked and grabbed my front brake too hard which caused the front tire to wash out. I should've gone down, but I stuck my leg out and it hit the ground, snapped back and hit my foot peg, which instantly popped the bike back up straight. Very lucky for sure. Needless to say, my day was done after this. The back of my leg was a little sore the next day, but I'm still in one piece and the bike is fine as well. :-)  Below is video of my last lap and a half when I went off the track.




Monica was doing really good for her first time at this track.  She was getting faster and faster with each session, and was able to keep up with me. I am really proud of her! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment