Saturday, October 9, 2021

USPSA Action Pistol Match 10/09/2021

Another USPSA action pistol match with the good folks in Lubbock, TX.  I went back to shooting this match with my concealed carry gear because I was trying out a new carry gun... the Sig Sauer P320 XCarry RXP.  I had written off the Sig P320 long ago when they were having drop test failures and then quality control issues with the first rollout of the P365, but they've since worked out all those issues, and I picked up a P320 XCarry and a P365X as "shop guns" for RFV Tactical.  I must admit that I'm impressed with both guns, but at this match I could definitely tell that the P320 has more muzzle flip than my CZs, 2011s, and Glocks.  Its not a night and day difference by any means, but it is noticable to me.  I absolutely love the modularity of these guns, and I love that you can get them with an optic and night sights installed from the factory.  I textured the grip module of the XCarry, which I think looks great and is an improvement in grip compared to the factory texture.  I also plan to do a grip chop on a second XCarry grip module so that it will accept the shorter 15-round mags and will print less when carrying it concealed.

I ended up in 9th place overall out of 38 total at this match, which is pretty decent for me considering I was shooting from concealment and shooting a new gun for the first time. 😀



No comments:

Post a Comment