USPSA action pistol match at the Southwest Shooting Center in Clovis, NM with the Southwest Performance Shooters club. I was shooting my V-slot ported Prodigy 1911DS from concealment (AIWB) in the Open division. I haven't trained with or shot this gun at a match in a while, so I forgot how awesome it performs for me. It has just enough assistance with the V-ports to really make the gun shoot flat and soft without being overly concussive.
Stage 1: I had some bad luck engaging the steel with multiple make-up shots, and I didn't get my reload done as fast as I would've liked. I placed 9th with four C-zone hits.
Stage 2: I had a decent run with this unloaded start stage. I placed 4th with all A-zone hits.
Stage 3: Classifier 25-04. I was definitely not as fast I would've liked on the two middle targets. I placed 7th with one C-zone hit.
Stage 4: I had to reengage a steel target, which added some time, but I placed 6th with all A-zone hits.
Stage 5: A conservative run because I was getting tired and hot. I placed 7th with all A-zone hits.
I ended up in 6th place Overall out of 23 total. Certainly not a bad finish, but not my best performance.


No comments:
Post a Comment