Monday, October 16, 2017

Polymer80 PF940C Compact Handgun Builds

I recently embarked on building two Polymer80 compact handguns based on the Glock 19 platform.  These start out as 80% complete frames that need to have the rest of the 20% completed by the end user.  The great thing about these P80 frames is that they resolve all the issues I have with the Glock 19 (aesthetics, grip angle, texture, etc.) but still give you all the aftermarket support of the tried-and-true Glock 19.  I started out building a gray frame (because I love two-tone guns), but ended up with an all black one for my second build. Both frames are the Brownells Exclusive aggressive texture.  These things are not cheap to build, especially if you don't have any OEM Glock parts lying around, but it was very satisfying to choose each and every part that was installed in each gun and getting them working reliably. I'm very happy with my two P80 builds and how they turned out.

Gray P80 frame with Lone Wolf barrel and internals

First build complete with a P80 slide and Inforce APL light

New ZevTech Spartan slide for the first P80 build
The original P80 slide moved to a second P80 build
Both guns upgraded with Hyve Technologies triggers

L2D Combat Chameleon barrel for the second P80 build

Trijicon RMR RM01 added to the first P80 build

Milled slide windows to show off the barrel on the second P80

Two optic-equipped compacts with Inforce APL lights
"Brothers from different Mothers?"

Two iron sight compacts with Inforce APLc lights


No comments:

Post a Comment