Thursday, December 21, 2017

CZ-USA CZ Shadow 2 Handgun

I just acquired the latest and greatest competition gun from CZ-USA... The CZ Shadow 2! 😍 I found this two-tone Shadow 2 at my local gun store and traded in my CZ-75 Stainless Limited Edition that was just collecting dust in the safe.  I plan to use this new gun in USPSA's Production division.  Unfortunately, the Shadow 2 is too heavy for IDPA rules, so I'll continue to use my CZ-75 SP-01 for IDPA.  The Shadow 2 is ready to go out of the box for competition use.  It already has fiber optic adjustable competition sights, a smooth trigger pull, thin safety levers, aluminum checkered grips, and excellent checkering on the front and back straps.  The only thing I've done to the gun is install a 11.5# hammer spring, a 10# recoil spring, an extended firing pin, a reduced power firing pin spring, and a reduced power trigger spring (all from Cajun Gun Works).  With these springs and a little bit of polishing on the internal trigger components, it already feels much better than my modified SP-01 and has a much shorter trigger reset.  Trigger pull weights are now under 6.0 lbs double action and under 2.5 lbs single action. As a bonus, the Shadow 2 is compatible with all the mags that I use in the SP-01, so there's no need for me to purchase any new magazines for it. I'm very excited to start using this gun during the 2018 season! 😀

UPDATE February 2018:  I've decided to have the Shadow 2's slide milled for an optic by CZ Custom with their new multi-optic plate cut and use this gun in the Carry Optics division of USPSA rather than in the Production division, since my old eyes really prefer a red dot sight for competition. This gun is perfect for USPSA's Carry Optics and I'll use my optic-equipped CZ P-09 in IDPA's new Carry Optics division. Unfortunately, CZ Custom has a 10-week turn around on milling work, so I'll just keep using my CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine in the PCC division of USPSA until this gun is ready.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment