Sunday, March 11, 2018

Outlaw 3-Gun Match 03/10/2018

I was still having issues with my Franchi Affinity semi-auto shotgun at this 3-gun match near Dawn, TX (my first time at this venue). It just keeps having intermittent problems with light primer strikes (possibly because it's not going completely into battery, but I don't know for sure), which results in a dead trigger and requires a manual cycle to get it running again. Very frustrating for sure, and eats up a lot of time. I also need to practice my shotgun reloads as well, as they are just a clumsy mess right now. It was good to shoot my AR-15 again, and it was surprising to me how little the recoil was when compared to my CZ Scorpion 9mm carbine that I've been using a lot in USPSA matches. I've also gone back to a fixed red dot sight on the AR-15 (same as my CZ Scorpion), because the Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6 scope that I installed last year SUCKED. I could not get a consistent view through the eye box even when dry fire practicing at home. I like the fixed red dot MUCH better and it's more consistent with the optics that I'm using on other competition guns. Despite the shotgun issues, and the fact that I came in 2nd to last place, I had a great time. 😊  I am planning on attending the 3-gun matches at this venue more often, so hopefully my skills will start to improve over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29Lbi9sBHU



UPDATE 3/14/2018: After disassembling the Franchi shotgun multiple times to polish and smooth out all the contact/friction points, I discovered that I just had a bad batch of ammo! 😖 I bought some new ammo today to test it and ran 100 rounds through it without any failures. I then tried to run what was left of my old ammo (about 20 rounds) and had two more misfires.  I then ran an additional 50 rounds of brand new ammo through it without any failures.  I'm pretty confident that I won't have anymore issues with the gun at my 3-Gun matches. My shotgun reloads will be the only issue now! 😁


No comments:

Post a Comment