Saturday, August 13, 2022

IDPA Action Pistol Match - 08/13/2022

IDPA action pistol match at a private range in Canyon, TX. Small turn out, but still a lot of fun and some great stages.  I'm really happy that IDPA changed their rules to allow for appendix carry with weapon lights, since that's the way I prefer to carry and compete.  I was using my Sig Sauer P320 XCarry that I recently Cerakoted in Burnt Bronze (I had previously textured it) over at RFV Tactical, so I've been carrying it and dry-fire practicing with it for about a week.  I really like the Sig P320 XCarry and XCompact, but I don't shoot them as well as I shoot my CZ and 2011 handguns, especially at longer distances.  There is just something a little weird with them for me, so I am trying to spend more time with them. It's possibly the angle at which the flat-faced trigger breaks, as all of my other guns have curved triggers. My performance at this match was decent, as I didn't have any brain farts (yay!), and after reviewing the video it appears I was pulling off my tactical reloads (retaining the spent magazine) really well. Even though those types of reloads are really only applicable to IDPA matches, I practice them all the time in my daily dry-fire practice sessions. I ended up in 2nd place out of 7 overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment